Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Who are you...who-who, who-who?"



Last Sunday, my techno-savvy friend Toby helped me out with a blog dilemma I was having. He is younger than I, and is part of a generation who came out of the womb with computer skills. He is always "up" on the latest and greatest on this gadget and that. I knew he would be the perfect person to solve my dilemma. Toby has a cool blog, much more advanced than my own. My blog is a Chevy....his blog is a Mercedes. Enough said.

After spending about 45 minutes with me on the phone, educating me on so many things I didn't know about my blog, he suggested that I put a counter on the bottom, just to see how many hits I am having. I kind of liked that idea. Sometimes when blogging, you feel like you are having a conversation with yourself, you know. Well, it has been exactly one week since he showed me how to put the counter on....and I have to tell you, I am floored!!!! At "press time," there have been 124 hits to my blog. Now some of these have been counted as times when I have looked at it or have posted something. But certainly not 124 times!! Which leads me to ask the question...."Who-who, who-who is looking at my blog? I really want to know." (Ever wondered why The Who would write a song called "Who are you?" It's kind of redundant, don't you think?)

I am kind of curious to know who my "blaudience" is. (That's blog terminology for "your readership," get it?) I have had several people share with me that they are enjoying my blog, and I had no idea they knew about it. So....I know some of you are scared to comment when you read my blog.....but why not throw "caution to the wind" and try it just this one time. Just simply "Tell me, who are you?" Come on....it will be fun.

Post a Comment