Thursday, March 13, 2008

This is.......American Idol....with a DVR!!

So....we can't get a Wii. We are coming to terms with it, and we are about to give up. But we CAN get a DVR, and that is what we did. It felt good to have some control over something technological with our TV for a change. Last night, we watched the results of AI in about 30 minutes at the very most. We skipped through the bottom 3 re-singing their songs from the night before (not going to endure that again), all the commercials (hallelujah!), and the new "call in your ridiculous question" segment of the show. We even skipped through Katherine McPhee's rendition of "Something." (It is from my fav Beatle Album "Abbey Road"...but she is not my fav singer.)


Although we are very new to this whole thing, I think it is going to be great not to have to watch a single thing on TV that we don't want to, including commercials. If I understand this right, we could watch old tv shows like "The Waltons" til "the cows come home" and never have to watch anything current again. We could create our own "TV LAND" here at home without all the trashy reality shows like High School Reunion.....the BIG 4-0, etc. I am liking this already. I don't think I could ever tire of hearing "Goodnight, John Boy."

Post a Comment