Sunday, March 9, 2008

Disappointment replaced by elation!

Who says crying doesn't help you get your way.....even at 39? I hope this isn't the reason my family decided to BRAVE the elements, and come down here to see us on Friday. But I sure am glad they did!! After much prayer and watching hours of predictions on the Weather Channel, they courageously ventured from MI to OH right before we were BLASTED by the "biggest snow of the Century." (Personally, I find this hard to believe...."biggest snow"....It has been pretty unreal...but "biggest snow?")



This weekend has been such a gift from God! We have been "holed up" in our house for about 39 hours and it has been absolutely wonderful.....because we have done nothing but just be with one another. Here is just a sampling of the "nothing" we did together:



1) Hours of sledding (Slip sliding away)

2) Hours of plowing the driveway (thanks G'pa Dan!!)

3) Hours of movie watching like "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium"

4) Hours of HGTV and TLC (Favorites like "House Hunters" and "What not to wear")

5) Hours of Apples to Apples (I won...which makes it even better! :) )

6) Hours of watching my adorable niece Isabelle play (for some reason, I could do this all day)



My sister and I had a bad hankerin' for Target this morning...and because church was cancelled, we felt like we needed to use our time "wisely." So, we thought it would be best to take the highway, just to ensure our safety, and even found that to be scary at times. (It was worth it though, because we found countless orange clearance stickers waiting for us.) Come to think of it, Ohio just isn't used to this kind of snow....and maybe they don't plow like they should. Or maybe it just came down too fast. Shouldn't fault the snow plows.



The only downfall of the weekend has been the absence of Gregg, who finally got home this afternoon. He got stuck in Florida with the Guard and wasn't able to fly in because of our weather. Tough break! But it really would have been even more fun if he had been here.



I am grateful for the effort my family made this weekend. It makes you feel very loved. I feel even more loved by my Father....because He always knows what you need, when you need it. All throughout this weekend, even in the midst of all this snow, I have felt very loved by God. He blessed me with the weekend of making precious memories with my family. As my mom would say, "We will always remember the Blizzard of '08." That we will.

Post a Comment