Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore"

Usually, I get really depressed in the winter. The absence of sunshine just zaps the joy out of me (not spiritual joy, mind you....just earthly joy.) I truly dread Fall, even in all its splendor and vibrant colors....because I know Winter is just around the corner, and Winter can just plain scare me. When I knew we were returning to the North some 7 years ago, I honestly "fretted" about having to deal with winter the rest of my life. I had so enjoyed being without it for roughly the first 10 years of our marriage.



This year has been different for some reason, and I am relieved. I have actually made it through the winter without much incident. I have enjoyed snow days with my girls, the smell of hot chocolate in the house, and the presence of a warm blanket being wrapped around me. I have been absolutely amazed that my usual winter disposition did not envelop me this year. The cold, gray months have literally flown by.


My exhaustion of winter seemed to be way off in the distance until this past Monday when Spring decided to ask us all the rhetorical question of "Remember me?" Our temps were in the low 70's .....the sun was out....every one's step seemed to be just a little lighter that day. AND THEN TUESDAY CAME! Cold temps, rain, rain, and more rain....then rain turning to freezing rain. Then SNOW! When I woke up this morning and looked out, I realized the emotion I had been successfully suppressing the last 3 months was no longer willing to hide her ugly head. And in the words of REO Speedwagon, "Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore." I NEED SPRING!! I NEED IT DESPERATELY!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I DON'T CARE HOW PRETTY IT IS OUT MY WINDOW! I NEED SPRING, AND I NEED IT NOW!


PS- God, I know that you don't like me demanding things on my blog....especially when I write it in all CAPS. And I know You like to drag winter out a little bit, just so I really appreciate Spring when it comes. But could I have a little sampling of Spring again....really soon? Pretty please?
PPS- Honey, if you are reading this and you come home with a tan.....life is going to be rough for YOU!!! I love you, but I'm just "keepin' it real."

Post a Comment