Monday, August 18, 2008

Riven Revisited


It isn't often that I feel a book impacting me long after I have closed the cover. Usually, I am quickly onto the next adventure in reading land....but I really feel like I should talk about this once more, just in case any of you are searching for a good book that has the potential to challenge you spiritually (aside from the Bible, of course). And honestly, I am just "dying" to talk with someone about this. I NEED to talk with someone about this. I just can't get it out of my head.

I had the pleasure of communicating with Jerry Jenkins himself through email last week. I wanted to share with him how much I was moved by the book....even if I was just in the first stages of processing it. In his return email he shared, "The writing was finished months ago and I still feel spent, but a good kind of spent." I can only imagine what it was like for him to put this story from mind to print....and I feel a "good kind of spent" from reading it.

If you happen to pick "Riven" up, please let me know. In anticipation, I look forward to talking with someone....anyone...about it, when they have experienced the honor of finishing it.

Post a Comment