Saturday, August 16, 2008

Facebook Fess-up


OK...I admit it.... before yesterday, I knew very little about Facebook. I assumed that it was an "Arkansas-type" cousin to MYSPACE (maybe it really is?), and I had heard so many negative things about MYSPACE, I was afraid to investigate it further. But after some gentle ribbing by some friends at a Mom/Daughter Sleepover the other night (what better things do we have to discuss than FACEBOOK?), I decided I better check this thing out for myself.

WOW!!! This is so embarrassing to say, but I spent initially two straight hours on it....bouncing from this place to that. That means, no laundry done, no straightening up the house, no boundaries set for the girls, no nothing!!! I was afraid to confess to Gregg what I had done with my afternoon. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, he would think FACEBOOK was a waste of time. And he didn't disappoint when I showed it to him last night. "I just don't get the point of this," he said, clicking on assorted friends of mine. If someone else had told him about it, he probably would have really enjoyed it. But because it was me.....

My sister broke in on my FACEBOOK marathon yesterday by calling me on the phone.(Seems so archaic, doesn't it?? The phone of all things.) She was laughing hysterically. "What are YOU doing on FACEBOOK???"-barely getting the words out. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked offended. She stammers back, "Well, I , ummm, it's just that...ummm...I never thought...well....umm...you are so...ummm....Hey, do you want to be my friend on FACEBOOK??" Attempting to gather my pride off the floor, I uttered, "Maybe...I'll have to think about it."

So, apparently I am behind the times on this whole FACEBOOK thing. But the real question is....how many of you have your own blog??? Hmmmmm.... That's what I want to know!

Post a Comment