Monday, August 4, 2008

Goodbye Kanner Lake.....


Well, last night I hopped on board the proverbial "747" from Boise, Idaho and finally returned home from Kanner Lake. Most of my friends are already home now...have been for some time, and left me in the "book race" dust. I have enjoyed this series very much and feel like I have accomplished something for actually finishing it. I have never completely read a series before. Didn't even finished the "Left Behind" series. GASP!!!! But this one was well worth reading, and I will fondly remember the summer I spent with the people of Kanner Lake...and my friends who joined me in reading this suspenseful "quad-rilogy." (Oops!! Don't want to forget you, Mom. I know you are enjoying them, too!)

If you haven't finished the series yet, I hope what I am about to say won't deter you. The reason it has taken me so long to leave Kanner Lake is that it wasn't easy for me to get through Book 4 Amber Morn. It was my least favorite of the series and it wasn't hard for me to put down. It didn't appear to have as many twists and turns as its prior books. But don't let my opinion convince you to not finish the series!! Collins wraps up the character stories nicely, and you aren't left wondering what happened to these people. It is a clean conclusion and doesn't leave you angry at the author.

So...there are just a few weeks of summer reading left. If you haven't picked up the series yet, take time out of your crazy schedule and enjoy a good book. But...I warn you, don't read these things at night before you go to bed. It could produce a nightmare or two if you aren't careful.

PS- My favorites have been Books 1 and 3....although most people prefer Book 2 over Book 1.

PPS-Special thanks to Brenda, Kim, Sara, Trudy, Jacqui, and Mom for joining me in this series. It has been so fun to read and discuss these with you.

Post a Comment