Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WV Trip Day 5- Going Home

WV Trip-Friday Morning-7/25/08

I have such mixed feelings about leaving Northfork. I have missed my girls terribly and there is so much I am looking forward to sharing with them. I know they will never fully understand all we have known here until they experience it themselves (something I am already looking forward to doing with them). I have learned many valuable things....some I cannot put into words yet, and I pray they never leave me. The Mustard Seeds people have challenged us to take what we have learned back to our communities and take part in local missions. They have warned us how easy it will be to go back to "life as usual." I take this all in, and know this will be an incredible temptation for me. It's not that I don't want to be changed...don't want to be permanently affected by what I have experienced. But I can see how intentional I will need to be in allowing God to use me in this capacity. There are plenty of distractions...plenty of "good things" that fill my calendar already. What will it take to make this a priority in my life, and in my family's life? I know I deeply want it, but will I be taken in by the entrapment of my own schedule...my own "to-do" list?

"Team Blowout" says goodbye to Bev

As we pack up the vans to go home, I sense I am not the only one experiencing a dichotomy of emotions. I would like to pick my teammates' brains...sneak a peek into their hearts, but I think we are all too spent. Level 5 conversations* must be avoided right now. I know the trouble I am having defining what I am taking away with me from Northfork...from Bev...from Judy...from Mr. Karmak, not to mention the newly formed bond I feel with my teammates. To experience something of this magnitude for me....my first mission trip...has been such a blessing from my Father. I can imagine His thoughts throughout the week...smiling, even laughing at times along with me. "Amy, you talked with Me so much about your fears in going...your fears in saying goodbye to the girls... now look at you. Your finger nails are filthy, your legs have bruises all over them, your wrist aches from pulling out hundreds of nails, your "cute boots" aren't so cute anymore, your hair needs a decent washing....not to mention that you couldn't eat another turkey sandwich if you tried. But you wouldn't have missed this for anything, would you?" And tearfully I reply, "Father, You are so right. You are always so right. Thank you so very much for allowing me the incredible pleasure of being here this week. How I can't wait to go back again. Please make permanent in my heart the things that I have learned here this week. I am so grateful to you."

NewLife WV Team says goodbye...for now.

Post a Comment