Monday, July 28, 2008

WV Trip Day 4- Raining "buckets"

WV Trip-Thursday Morning-7/24/08 6:15 am

Today is our last day with Bev and I must say how much I am going to miss her. With each day, we have had the pleasure of spending time with her, listening to her stories, wrapping up her sentences with "Lord, have mercy." It is hard to imagine our time with her and our week in WV is nearly over. While her new roof has made some progress this week, we will not finish it unfortunately. The bigger burden I feel for her, however, is leaving her today without confirmation she knows Christ as her personal Savior. I pray for the opportunity to share with her today. It is so very important.

Eric Kitchen and my Man making great strides with the roof

From a task standpoint we worked as hard as we could yesterday, but the rain got in the way. I was in the house with Bev when the rain came rushing down, and we frantically gathered pots, pans, and buckets to capture the water that was leaking into her bedroom from holes in the roof. As we laid newspapers down for absorption, I wanted that new roof for her more than ever, I told her how badly I felt about the water coming through. She said, "Honey, you don't worry about that....this happens time and time again." I couldn't imagine dealing with this every time it rained. I would panic each time I'd see the clouds rolling in.

Mustard Seeds Intern Ryan and Team Mate Melissa Foley get a little afternoon R&R. This photo was staged. Very rarely did they ever rest.

We went back into "civilization" last night and ate dinner together as a team at the Texas Roadhouse about 45 minutes from Northfork. I used my cell phone again, I put on "normal" clothes again, and I applied makeup to my face again. As I looking in the mirror, I felt I was recognizing a person I knew before WV, and I wondered if I wanted her back in my life again.


Team Mate Chris Snyder and the teens hanging out together at the Roadhouse. These guys worked incredibly hard this week and I was so proud of them!

Team Mate Rachel and the Hesterwoman waiting eagerly for our steaks

Team Mates Lauren and Eric Kitchen look a little scared with Cheryl Hilliard's knife and fork exposed. She's ready to eat!

Post a Comment