Friday, July 25, 2008

The View from West Virginia

Announcement: This blog has been silent for the last week due to time spent in West Virginia. We may resume our regular scheduled programing promptly...or due to exhaustion, we might not. In the meantime, please stay with us for the following announcement from the Hestermomma:

I hesitate to put into words my first mission trip ever, because honestly, I know it won't be that interesting to many of you. And I don't fault you for that at all. I have seen friends come back from mission trips before, anxious to share their experiences with the people around them, only to meet eyes glazed over from boredom. I don't want to put you through that. But I am amazed at the things that I saw, the people that I met, and the burden to make this trip more than just an event in my life. Please bear with me as I paint a picture of my experience with mere words. I have tried to be completely honest in my writings, to give you the entire package....not just the labor that we endured, but the changes in the heart as well. My reason for doing this is to encourage those of you that might have fears about mission trips like I did. Read if you like....skip around if you must....or avoid it all together. But, may God spark something in us all, through this experience.

Post a Comment