Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Multiplying like Rabbits

Yesterday, I received an unexpected call from Jackie, the "Friends for Life" lady who graciously took Emma from us a few weeks ago. The minute our conversation started, my heart began to beat rapidly. I couldn't understand why she would be calling me. I was afraid she would want us to take the rabbit back. Maybe Emma had already worn out her welcome. Maybe Emma was really a male and couldn't be mixed with Jackie's other rabbit. But the real reason Jackie called was to inform me that Emma is now a mother!!!!! She gave birth to 3 bunnies this week. SHOCKING!! No wonder she was gobbling up the carrots and the lettuce while she was here!!

My girls are so cute. When told about Emma and her bunnies, Hopie said to Faith, "Emma must have met her husband in the cemetery. Now she can't even see him anymore." Digesting that deeply, Faith's only response was a slow sounding, "Yeah."

Post a Comment