Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Hesterbrain Sampling

I wanted to write my usual dissertation today, but my brain is too full of random reflections. Here are a few things that have been bouncing around in the Hesterbrain today. This sampling will just reinforce some of the speculations you have had of me so far....like "Man, I thought she was weird, but I wasn't sure if it was just me. Now I know.":

I love the blue mini-carts at Meijer.
Wondering how I could use them more often...maybe shop more/buy less. I dream of only being at Meijer for just a 1/2 hour instead of the usual 2-3 hour shopping spree.


Why would Esau give his birthright away for a simple bowl of stew? Seems a little hasty to me. Wondering if I would do the same if I was that hungry. Nah...first borns are usually territorial with their stuff....even their birthrights. Wondering what in the world Esau was thinking.


My friends sold their house in two weeks time. Amazing! I am so excited for them. Wondering where God might have them live now...


My daughter's safety while mowing the lawn. Gregg says she is old enough to use the rider....I am not so sure. Wondering if I should play the "worried mother" card, or save it for another day....because YOU KNOW there will be one.


The death of Tony Snow. Seemed like a great guy. My favorite White House Press Secretary by far. I admired his character and his strength during his battle with cancer. My heart goes out to his family. Wondering how they are doing at this very moment.


Getting ready for the West Virginia Mission Trip. Work boots are required. How does a woman who only wears strappy shoes in the summer fare with work boots? Wondering if this pair of feet will even know how to walk in them. Better learn quickly!


The quirky nature of my second born. Walking into her bedroom takes your breath away, and not for a good reason. Dresser drawers open with clothes hanging out, used kleenex on the floor, two recently lost baby teeth on the nightstand (where is the tooth fairy when you need her), half-read book lying on the bed, and a chewed up coffee stirrer next to the lamp. This is NOT the environment I have modeled for her through the rest of our house. Wondering if this is a battle worth fighting.


Three-fourths of the way through Coral Moon...the second in the Kanner Lake Series by Brandilyn Collins. Wondering how in the world this thing is going to end and if my friend Brenda is going to finish reading it before I do. Must finish first!



What is it about my personality that makes me the dunking target amongst teenagers on a canoe trip? Wondering why I didn't have the strength to dunk them first.


The DVR is such a wonderful tool for tired TV watchers. What control you can have when it comes to only watching "what you want to...when you want to." No more sitting through commercials either. Wondering if I will ever get to watch half of what I have programmed. Wings...WKRP in Cincinnati...Family Ties..."someday we'll be together" (sung like Diana Ross)


Well, there you have it....Tomorrow, we will go back to our originally scheduled programming. Until then, this is the Hesterwoman saying, "Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow."

Post a Comment