Saturday, July 19, 2008

To Idaho we go


It's funny how things work out sometimes. My friend Brenda and I had hoped to get together this summer, once a week, to go through a Bible Study or read a book. Wouldn't you know it.. it is now nearing the end of July and we haven't been able to get together once for a study...let alone have enough time just to hang out with one another. But that was before our mutual friend Brandilyn Collins came into the picture. You see, Ms. Collins had invited both of us to the town of Kanner Lake, Idaho, about two weeks ago and we have been hanging out with her ever since. Kanner Lake has been through a lot the last few months....murder...missing people, etc. It has been fun to get to know her townspeople, drink some coffee with them at the town coffee shop "Java Joint," witness relationships budding....but our hearts ache for what they have endured as a community. It's been really rough.

Sadly, we probably only have a few more days left in Idaho. You see, we have been racing through Brandilyn's books the last two weeks and are nearing completion of Book #4, the final book in the Kanner Lake series. I think we will go through serious Idaho withdrawal after it is all said and done. It has been SO FUN to read these books with Brenda.....emailing back and forth as we complete the book. There's only one problem. Every since finishing Book #1 in record speed, she has been trouncing me in the rapid reader department....I cannot keep up. And you know how competitive I can be. It's pretty scary when that nature comes out in reading as well. Brenda has already started Book #4 and I haven't cracked the cover. But that only means she will have to leave Idaho before I do. I will get to hang out with our best bud Brandilyn just a little bit longer. She always liked me better anyway. :)

**My friends Kim and Sara happen to be in Kanner Lake right now as well. But they haven't been part of this neck and neck reading race of mine.(Come to think of it, neither has Brenda. She has no idea I have been trying to race her. Or does she?) Kim and Sara are enjoying a nice leisurely stroll through the town. At least I think they are strolling. Maybe they will beat me through Book #4 as well. I cannot allow defeat!

Post a Comment