Thursday, September 25, 2008

More "diction" with Dictionary.com

Today I was reading an article linked to the Drudge Report entitled "Why Obama will lose" by the Edmond Sun. (Very cool, because the Hestergirls were both ummm, well, shall we say "put together" in Edmond, Oklahoma. Special place with very special people.) Anyway, very quickly, I came upon the word "polymath" in the article. This word was not referring to Obama, but Benjamin Franklin of all people. Now, here are two people you wouldn't normally find connected in the same paragraph. Anyway, truthfully, I am just wondering how many of you really knew the definition of this word.... or was I really just sleeping soundly through my minor in English during the college years?

Polymath- (pŏl'ē-māth')
n. A person of great or varied learning.

Post a Comment