Tuesday, September 30, 2008

He is looking a little "ruddy" to me

Gregg and I got into a small little "discussion" as we were going to bed last night. Most couples might "discuss" finances, others might "discuss" parenting techniques, some might "discuss" wanting more time with one another. Not fighting, mind you...just "discussing." While tucked neatly under the covers, I read to Gregg out of 1 Samuel, and decided to share something interesting I had learned about David in my newly "cracked" Beth Moore journal. As I got to 1 Samuel 16:12, I looked over at Gregg to make sure he was still with me. "So Jesse sent and brought David in. Now he was ruddy, with beautiful eyes and a handsome appearance. And the LORD said, "Arise, anoint him; for this is he."

Gregg: "I think you mean "ruddy." (Like RUDE-Y)

Amy: "No, it's pronounced "ruddy." (Like Ruh-dy)

Gregg: "No, it's RUDE-Y. I have heard it that way."

Amy: "No, I remember it as a vocabulary word in High School. It's Ruh-dy."

Gregg: "No, it's not."

Amy: "Yes, it is."

Gregg: "No, it's not."

Amy: "That's it! I am looking on dictionary.com tomorrow. I know I'm right."

Gregg: "Well, you're not...but that's ok."

That seemed to end our discussion on David for the night. Not sure why. :) But after looking up the pronunciation of "ruddy" today, I think Gregg is looking a little like that to me....and handsome too.

Post a Comment