Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How do "wii" get a wii?

I feel like I am stalking the Electronics Dept. at Walmart. I must say I am getting to know the employees in that section really well. It's likely I am developing a reputation among them. Every time I go to Walmart, I go back to Electronics, looking pitiful and deprived, hoping they will be able to scrounge up a Wii in their infamous "backroom." (I don't think there really is a "backroom." They just tell people there is. Have you ever been to a store that has something you want in the "backroom?" Really! ) Walmart NEVER has any Wiis! NEVER!! At least not when I am in there. They might get 3-4 in a day, but the employees snatch them up before any customer can get their hands on one. Totally unfair! I think there should be some rule about that. Maybe if I don the blue "May I help you" vest with the happy face on the back, I just might have a chance. There's an idea!


Gregg has been on the search too, but he keeps returning home empty handed. He looks so defeated when he comes through the door, like a hunter who returns to the homestead without food for his family. The incredible demand for this item reminds me of the "Cabbage Patch Kids" insanity of the 80's....or more recently "Tickle Me Elmo." Why is the demand for this item so high, and the supply so low? "Inquiring minds want to know....Wii want to know."

Post a Comment