Tuesday, February 26, 2008

From the "Friendship" Files

Since we have been talking a lot about friendships lately, I thought I would pass along this quote I ran across yesterday.

"People who feel like they have friends and family they can turn to generally feel less stressed when things get tough."

Sheldon Cohen, PhD, Professor of Psychology at Carnegie Mellon University.


I think this one says it better.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work;
(and they can get it done faster)
if one falls down,
(and you know that is going to happen)
her friend can help her up.
(careful with those lower back muscles...lift from the knees)
But pity the woman who falls and has no one to help her up!
("Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!")
Also, if two lie down together, they can keep warm.
(Blankets and hot chocolate work well, too.)
But how can one keep warm alone?
(This was written before "Cuddle duds" right? My grandma loves those things!)
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
("I pity the fool"-Laurence Tureaud aka "Mr. T")
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
("Two can be as bad as one...It's the loneliest number since the number one."-Three Dog Night....Guess they hadn't read their Ecclesiastes that day. Shame on them!)


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Well said, Solomon. Well said.

Post a Comment