Friday, February 22, 2008

Winter in Ohio- You've gotta love it!


Today is our 3rd snow day in 2 weeks. We had last Friday and Monday off due to conferences and President's Day. So....in the last 10 days, we have had 5 days of school. I know teachers must have a "love-hate" relationship with our current rate of snow days. It is so nice to have a day off....but there is so much "repair" work that needs to take place, just to get back on track.


When I was growing up in Michigan, we had snow days, but not for the reasons Ohio has them. We had to have significant snow fall (not 1-2 inches), in order to be cancelled. But then again, we also had to walk 3 miles to school each way, trudging through the snow with no boots, mittens, or hats to keep us warm. Oh, wait a minute. I'm getting a little confused. My memories seem to be intermingling with someone else's. That is not my story....that's my grandpa's story.

Post a Comment