Thursday, November 6, 2008

Things I want for Christmas


Hobby Lobby has had their Christmas stuff out since June. Target and Meijer just hopped on the band wagon last weekend, as soon as Halloween was over. Being amongst all the ornaments, trees, and wrapping paper makes me want to sit on Santa's knee (if he can take the weight) and share with him what I will have on my Christmas list this year. It is a stretch from my normal "candles, Bath and Body Works, and TJ MAXX gift card" kind of list. It is a list from the heart. Impossible for Santa to deliver in his sleigh. Not impossible for God...although, thankfully, His gift-giving isn't limited to just December 25. The list is as follows:

1) A good authentic conversation with a friend. One that leaves you both exhilarated and exhausted at the same time. Been a while since I have had one of those. I eat those up...but it's been so long, my conversational bones are starting to show. Kind of gross, I know, but it's true.

2) To impact the life of someone who wants to know more about Christ. Giving each day to God with the expectation of Him using me right then and there.

3) One day lived without my sinful nature. That would be a gift to others as well. :) Oh, glorious day!

4) A way to let people know how much I truly love them...appreciate them. And have them receive it willingly. Talking about a little giving and taking here.

5) More time spent with all my grandparents. More conversations...more hugs...more opportunities to say thank you and I love you.

6) One body, one spirit amongst believers. Unity...plain and simple.

7) To bring encouraging words and a hug to someone who truly needs it. At the right time, and the right place.

8) To know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am doing all I can to invest in the lives of my girls. Am I helping them to develop into the future women God wants them to be? Am I laying the proper "groundwork?"

9) To hold my dad's hand. To let him know I am never too old to need him in my life. To share with him my heart on so many things.

10) To have the things that God desires me to have. To listen to His voice. To have wisdom...to be without distraction...to be close to Him.


I can just imagine the look on Santa's face as I step away from him after sharing my list. Whew!! What happened to Barbie and Fisher-Price toys???Bet he is wishing he never asked the question "And what do you want this year from Santa, little girl???"

Post a Comment