Saturday, November 15, 2008

More "firsts" for everything


In keeping with the "firsts for everything" theme, last night my husband finally legitimize our marriage, after 17 years of co-habitating...not to mention the births of our two girls. It seems that while I was sleeping, Gregg had a moral moment and decided that enough was enough. It was time to make it official. So, he went on FACEBOOK, and proclaimed to the whole world that he honestly loved me and that we are now married. WHAT A RELIEF!!!! I cannot tell you how much this means to me. Long ago, I had lost hope that this would ever happen. But when I finally stopped pestering him about it, I guess he decide that I was marriage material for him. It feels good. Now I can walk around with my head up high knowing that my man wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Although....what if I am just a "starter wife????" What if he is just using me for financial gain? Times are hard for everyone now economically. At least that is what MSNBC is always saying. (I can't stand MSNBC!) Oh why, oh why, didn't I sign a prenup??????

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I've noticed over the years that most couples have a TV show they love to watch together, you know, like LOST or HEROES, or something like that. Gregg and I have never had this. I am not sure why. I guess it is because he loves to watch war movies and I like to watch TV Land. He isn't into vintage TV (Oh, the horror!)...and I can't stand old black and whites with airplanes in them. In this crucial category of marriage, we are not a match made in heaven. But that all changed when we watched ABC's Life on Mars!! We love this show....both of us!!!!! We get so excited when we get the blanket out...lay down on the couch, and command the DVR to bring up "our show." Can you feel the love???? No more embarrassment. No more judgment by those in marriages who have an "our show." We now join the ranks of those whose marriages are completely fulfilling...completely compatible. We are now one and it is all thanks to the "boob tube." (Why did people once call it that? I don't get it.) We now know what we were missing as a couple. As long as Life on Mars doesn't get the ax, all is well in Hesterland.

Post a Comment