Friday, June 6, 2008

"Feeling lonesome and seasick"


I still love Children's books, even if my girls are too old for me to read to them anymore. (I did, however, make them sit on the couch with me yesterday and let me read two new Children's books I checked out for MYSELF @ the library....."Freckleface Strawberry" by Julianne Moore and "Skunkdog" in tribute to my dear friend Susan, who is always having to wash her dog in tomato juice.) The other day on Amazon.com, I was elated (and I mean ELATED) to see that my FAV Children's Author, Laurie Keller, is coming out with a sequel to one of my FAV books, "The Scrambled States of America." It is curiously titled, "The Scrambled States of America Talent Show." Can't wait to have it in my HOT little hands come August!!!

If you have young ones at home....AND you have a quirky sense of humor, then YOU MUST READ Laurie Keller to your children. It is as much a treat for you, as it is for them. These books have become such a part of the "culture" of our home, we quote lines from them....hence the title of this post. I hesitate to say this..... as I think Laurie Keller is so cool, I don't want to be disrespectful to her (I am sure she reads my blog daily), BUT.....my least favorites of hers are "Do unto otters" and "Grandpa Gazillion's Number Yard." But don't lean on my opinions....judge for yourself. They may end up being your favorites. Run to the library and enjoy some unusual summer reading with your kids. And in the end, you will know exactly what I am mean when I say, "Will you be my donut dog?"

Post a Comment