Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cry Me A River


Now finally nestled under one roof, the Hesterfamily sat down together tonight to watch "Design Star" on HGTV. We just love watching this show. I am not sure what draws us all in, but it is one gripping hour of tv that we just don't want to miss. Thanks to the DVR, we can zip past the commercials, and limit the amount of "pain and agony" between the intermittent cliffhangers. Tonight's show was quite a doozy! Is anyone else out there watching this too? I have never seen a man shed so many tears BEFORE getting voted off, and I was blown away when he said he wanted his mother....not once, but twice after being voted off. Did I think it was his time to go? No...but I don't think HGTV could afford the KLEENEX it would take to give this man his own show (the grand prize of Design Star). Maybe KLEENEX could be the show's sponsor. But alas, we won't be seeing his show after all, although he insisted time and time again he was the next Design Star.

We are doing a little designing ourselves at the Hesterhome. It is time to transform Faith's room into a Teen's paradise....within budget, that is. She is busy purging and organizing her room, so that it will be a clean slate when we go to work on it this weekend. This is our birthday present to her for her 13th. SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! While visiting my grandparents last week, I found a treasure in their basement that is sure to be the "piece de resistance" of the room. And Faith has no idea! It is an orange chair from the 50s that is sure to be the conversation piece in the room. I just can't wait to show it to her. Hopefully, it scores enough points to keep me from being "voted off" her room.

Post a Comment