Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bye, Bye Bunny......




I have been a busy bee trying to find a home for "Emma." I have talked with every Animal Protection Agency in the Columbus metro area, and people have been very gracious and sympathetic to my situation. But with every phone call I make, I am given another phone number to call, because frankly all the rooms at the inn are full of orphaned animals. (Even the "House of Rabbits" is at max capacity. I didn't even know there was a "House of Rabbits.") Hopie and I did put up some signs for "Emma" yesterday. The picture I used for the sign had a pitiful look on Emma's furry face...in hopes are garnering compassion out of anyone who might gaze upon it. Come to think of it, "Emma" always has that look on her furry face. That is probably one of the main reasons we have been harboring her in our garage the last three days. She is a sweet, lovable animal....but I just don't do rabbits. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Finally, the Humane Society said they would take her. I know what that could potentially mean, but I tried to keep things in perspective. We couldn't keep her, and for this docile creature, the outside would have been a painful ending to her life. I didn't want that for her. As I was getting things gathered to take "Emma" to her new "home," I received a call from a woman from "Friends for Life." (I know none of these organizational names mean anything to you...but I use them for the sake of illustrating just HOW many places there are for orphaned animals.) The FFL lady said she would be willing to take "Emma" as a companion for her other female rabbit!!! I was so excited...and shocked!!! God is good!!! So, we gave "Emma" a bath for her new owner(documented by pictures above...no extra words needed here. Very self-explanatory...see the pitiful expression I am talking about??). We hope to make the exchange today.

In all this I am reminded of God's provision for His Creation. These verses come to mind:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air (or the bunnies of the fields); they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:25-26

**PS- Honestly, I am a little sad to see "Emma" go...but let's keep that between you and me.

**Side Note- The House of Rabbits lady and my very knowledgable neighbor both have strongly suggested that someone got tired of "Emma" and dropped her off in the cemetary across the street. My neighbor says this happens all the time. Disturbing.

Post a Comment