Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Furniture Folly

OK...please don't think that I have nothing else to think about in my life besides furniture. You have known me long enough to know that I am not "one dimensional" but a very complex being. Right? Anyway, I just wanted to give you the final word on the furniture since you have been following it through my blog. Then, you have my "money back blog guarantee" that I won't bring it up again. :)

The furniture arrived last Thursday. I cannot tell you how excited I was to pull into the driveway with the big Macy's delivery truck in view. As I walked up the sidewalk, eyeing the new furniture on the front lawn from a distance, my eyes began playing tricks on me. Surely, there wasn't something wrong with our furniture. I just needed to get closer to it, for a better look. As the movers tore the plastic off, I noticed the piping on the couch and love seat looked like moths had allowed themselves to a feast of fabric....meaning it looked like there were little eraser size holes all over the piping of the two pieces. I shook my head (like they do in cartoons), hoping I was just seeing things. But I wasn't. The furniture manufacturers had taken the fabric of the pillows we ordered and applied it to the couch instead. Incidentally, we never did get the pillows we ordered as well.

So...after over 4 months of waiting...we still don't have the furniture we ordered. We talked with Macy's and they are going to reorder the furniture (due in December) and credit our account by $800. In the meantime, the "moths" stay with us.

I know God wouldn't stand for this kind of incompetancy when He is furnishing my mansion. :) Surely, I will be sitting on my treasures in Heaven where "moths and Macy's can't corrupt." See Matthew 6:19 (Hestertranslation)

Post a Comment