Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Our Last Moments Together...my couch 'n me

I have been a "pretty sick momma" the last few days. Oh, I knew it was coming on. I should have made a trip to Walmart and purchased some "Cold Eez," when I felt the first signs of the sore throat and running nose in the middle of the night. But alas, I didn't. As always, God brings out the good in something that Satan meant for bad. You see, I have spent the last three days on the couch. Yes, the 14 yr. old couch that I talked about in my last blog.... the two kids, two cats, 4 moves couch. It may sound a little strange to you, but the sentimental side of me thinks that it is kind of sweet that God used the old couch in its last days of serving the Hesterfamily for me to lay my sick body upon. She has served me well and I have been especially grateful for her well-worn cushions and familiar fabric to carry me out of this "bug" I've had.

**Side note: What is it about being sick that makes you instantly think "I wish my mom was here?" Even at 38 years old. (By the way, feel free leave a comment that you can't believe a person who looks as young as I do, is really 38. :) ) I could have really used a piece of toast cut into fours, lightly buttered, and a glass of OJ with crushed ice on the side. :)

Post a Comment