Friday, September 14, 2007

Gregg and Amy's High School Reunion (isn't that a movie or something?)





















OK....you can stop laughing now!! Come on!! Get a hold of yourself!! You have a senior picture too, you know. You just aren't brave enough to put it on a blog page. :)


Gregg and I are headed to our 20th High School Reunion in a few weeks. My mom is coming down to watch the girls so we can go. I have to tell you I am pretty excited about this for some reason. I guess there is a point in your life where you couldn't care less how people perceive you and you are just happy with the person God has allowed you to become. (Not that I have already obtained all this.....Philippians 3:12)


There has been a website created solely for the reunion that has been fun to follow. You submit your own info, maybe an updated picture of yourself and family, etc. Some classmates have left little comments here and there on the site. When read between the lines, these comments give clues as to where they are in their lives and what they hold dear to their hearts. Some still care deeply about alcohol. Some are immensely enjoying family life. By level of achievements, some are absorbed into their work culture. However, it has been really cool to notice some have become Christ-followers. How do I know that? Well, some by their job descriptions, some by the scripture they quoted, etc. I am curious to know what kind of conversations God might bring my way while I am at the reunion. I would love to hear their God-stories and share some of mine along the way. Praying for the opportunity to do that.


What is it about 4 little years in one's life that warrants reunions created around them? I really don't know. Have no idea. But one thing's for sure, I am glad that my hair has "evolved" somewhat over the years. It's pretty bad when your oldest daughter, after looking at your senior pictures, says, "You and daddy had the same haircuts in high school." Now THAT is something I hope I am NOT remembered for!!!!




Post a Comment