Friday, September 28, 2007

Covenants

I have an obsession with books. Shocking, isn't it? I bet you didn't know that about me. :) Anyway, I recently got a hold of a copy of "Here for you- Creating a Mother-Daughter Bond that lasts a lifetime" by Susie Shellenberger. (Long title, great book) I am at the point in the book where it describes the importance of covenants in the Bible and how much "weight" they carried with God. I have to tell you, what I am learning makes me want to renew my covenant with Gregg....but that is a blog entry for another time. :)

I want to share some scripture with you that was highlighted in the book. It warmed my heart regarding this season of intense parenting we blessed to undertake. I hope it encourages you as well.

"Is not my house right with God?
Has He not made with me an everlasting covenant,
arranged and secured in every part?
Will He not bring to fruition my salvation and grant me my every desire?"
2 Samuel 23:5 (The Davidic Covenant )

How I desire more than anything to have my house right with God!! Knowing you, I am sure that is the desire of your heart as well.

Post a Comment