Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm on a mission!

Ever had a GOOD experience at Walmart? Take some time to think about it. It probably is buried somewhere deep in the annals of your mind. Those good experiences are so few and far between, it may be difficult to come up with one. Long lines, rude cashiers, rotten produce, bare shelves....you get the picture. But a few weeks ago, I actually HAD a good experience at Walmart. The cashier smiled AND greeted me. She bagged my groceries carefully, and tied the bags at the end so the items wouldn't roll all over the van. She helped me load them into the cart, and carried on a little conversation while doing so. As I wheeled my cart out to the parking lot, I was dumbfounded. Had I actually received what generations before me refer to as "customer service??" I think I had.

I loaded my groceries into the van and thought to myself, "This experience cannot go without being noted....it must recognized by someone other than myself." I looked down at my Walmart receipt and noticed a phone number at the top. I reached for my cell phone and made the call. I told the manager of my positive experience and she seemed just as surprised as I was!!! She assured me she would make sure my cashier was commended properly at their next floor meeting. I was excited for MY cashier. :)

So, I am on a mission now, to formally recognize good customer service when I receive it. So far, I have spoken with the managers at Red Lobster and Target. Their tone initially with me is very "bristled." They are expecting a verbal assault. But within seconds of me sharing, their facial expressions lighten, and they seemed genuinely grateful to hear something positive. And it's fun to make someone's day a little brighter. Heading to O'Charley's today for lunch with a friend. Wonder if a conversation with the manager is in my future today??

Post a Comment