Saturday, May 10, 2008

My First Garden

I have been a late bloomer (no pun intended) at most everything in my life. I don't really have a problem with that. It is something that I know about myself and have come to expect. Where most people learn something and do it.....fear of the unknown keeps me from being adventurous. But now I can finally put my green thumb to use because today, for my 12th Mother's Day, my husband blessed me with my first ever REAL garden. It is so cool!!!! I am thrilled!!

Yesterday, my Dad, Linda, and I went to Dill's Nursery and picked out some tomato, green pepper, and herb plants. I had absolutely no idea that Gregg was thinking "GARDEN" as my Mother's Day present. We just bought those for the sake of maybe putting a little something together.....maybe in some pots on the deck or something. I was shocked when I saw my husband pull in the driveway today with a borrowed trailer (thanks Hamptons!!) and all the necessary supplies for putting my first garden together. He made me feel very loved and very special. Many kisses and hugs to you, my sweet Husband #1!!!



My Knight laboriously putting the soil into the garden



My Fafie has always had a problem with root systems.



Maybe this one will have a green thumb.



"Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme"-Simon and Garfunkel (Scarborough Fair)



"Love Grows Love"-Caedmon's Call



Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment