Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Love Boat...soon will be making another run!


My husband always teases me as he insists, based on my "useless knowledge" of tv trivia, that all my childhood was spent watching television when I was young. But who didn't watch The Love Boat in the 70's? Every Saturday night, we would sit and live vicariously through the "glamourous" lives of Gopher, Julie, Doc, Isaac, and Captain Stubing. I found it intriguing how quickly they were able to connect with their passengers as if they had been friends all their lives. The following week, they were ready to start the process all over again, making room in their hearts for even more eccentric people.



No one could say watching The Love Boat was a waste of time for children. Well, they could, but they wouldn't dare. I learned Spanish from Charo ("Cuchi-Cuchi"), Geography from all their ports of call (i.e. Puerto Vallarta), Psychology from Dr. Joyce Brothers, and the importance of following your political aspirations from Gopher and Sonny Bono. All in all, I would say that I got a well rounded education. :)



On March 4, "love won't hurt anymore" because the first season of The Love Boat comes out on DVD. Personally, I think they should have had it come out around Valentine's Day, making "love......exciting and new."

Post a Comment