Sunday, January 27, 2008

Approaching the big 1-0

On Wednesday, my baby turns 10. That means forever saying goodbye to her single digit years, and saying a very hesitant hello to double digits and all the "wonderful" things that double digits bring. Thankfully, I have already done this before with Faith. I know what to expect. I know what I am saying "goodbye" to. (Maybe that is what makes me so hesistant.)




I am a reflective person. I wish I wasn't, but I can't help myself. So, in anticipation of this milestone, I have been reflecting lately on what I was doing 10 years ago at this time.....what I looked like, how big I was, etc. Ten years ago at this time, I was:




1)suffering from pneumonia,


2)trying to chase around a curly, blond haired, Barney loving, two year old,


3)listening to Hillary defended Bill's activities with Monica and the whole "Right Wing Conspiracy" theory.


4) scared to death about having a second c-section


5) believing whole-heartedly that this sweet gift from God I was carrying was certainly a boy.




Well, thankfully, God brings healing to the body and the pneumonia went away. And the Barney loving two year old is now 12 and in love with "Webkinz." Hillary is back in the picture.....who would have guessed, running for president!! My fear of c-sections is long gone. And the sweet gift from God that I have been incredibly blessed with in my life is a beautiful strawberry blond, absorbed in books, laughter filled girl......who just recently went from calling me "Momma" to "Mudder".....emphasis on the "der." Oh, how much I love her!!!!! Thank you, God!!! You are so good!!!

Post a Comment