Friday, January 4, 2008

Bright light.....dirty house


The winter can be depressing for some of us who really thrive on sunlight. But I've got to say that I wish I could turn down the sun a little bit today. The brightness, coupled with all the beautiful white snow on the ground, shines a light into my house that would put the "White Glove Test" to shame. My kitchen apparently needs a complete cleaning makeover and I just "cleaned" it yesterday. Smudgy cabinet doors, dusty crumb-ridden floors, dirty counter tops.......UGH!!!! I had absolutely no idea we were that messy.


Gets me thinking about how messy my heart truly is while I am walking around believing I am spiritually "clean." God's brightness (i.e. His Holiness) is a incredible tool in spotlighting all those areas in my life that are in need of some hard core cleaning.

Post a Comment