Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sweet dreams?


Last night, I dreamt that 5 of my teeth fell out while I was in the Women's Bathroom at my HS reunion. (I know your thinking...
"Get over your reunion already!!") First, I noticed that one was loose. Then, as I touched it, another one fell out with it, until I was left with 5 permanent adult teeth in my hand. WHEW!!! You cannot imagine my relief when I woke up this morning with a full set of teeth in. This is not the first time I have dreamt of my teeth falling out. I have no idea what this means. But somewhere in the complexity of my brain, it has some sort of significance.


Here are a few of my other recurring dreams:


1) Trying to dial a phone and not being able to connect with anyone. I cannot get through all 7 digits of the phone number without having to start over. Good thing my dream doesn't include area codes or calling cards with PIN numbers in the mix. I would never wake up!!


2) Trying to scream but not being able to. Someone is trying to "get me" but I cannot make a sound to save my life...literally.


3) Gregg breaks up with me for the 100th time. Now if you know anything about our dating history, you will find this humorous. But the "not so humorous" thing about it is that I wake up being mad at him for something that he never did...at least not a 100 times. :) The dreams just seem THAT real.


Complex? Yes, I admit I am. I know I'm complex, because when I ask Gregg in the morning what he dreamt about, he sleepily utters "Nothing." And I am confident he hasn't spent the last 8 hours solving all the world's problems. He has the blessing of sleeping like a man. Wish I could!!


So....what are some of your recurring dreams? Are they as weird as mine? Or does your brain simply rest when you go to sleep and you don't have to "work out your entire day" through your dreams?


Post a Comment