Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blast from the Past- Canal Winchester's Ghost Tour



This past weekend, my girls and I got to participate in something completely unique and equally as fun in Canal Winchester, called the Ghost Tour. Honestly, I am not into ghosts, so the title really kept me from attending the event in the past. I imagined it just being a different take on the familiar haunted house that you find popping up in the month of October. But it was nothing like that at all.


The Historical Society of Canal chooses 8 different homes/business in the village, and has actors standing in front of them, dressed in costumes reflecting the era. The actor communicates with his audience as if he were the owner of the building and gives you a historical account on the life of the building. My girls were actresses in the schoolhouse, which was the last stop of the tour. They memorized lines as if they were students of the 1800s. What fun they had!!!


My role in the Ghost Tour was that of a "behind the scenes" gal, which was fine by me. But what mattered most to me was spending time with my girls, and sharing in the memory of something very unique together.

Post a Comment