Monday, December 17, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!


Truly....there is no sarcasm in my title. I really mean that. Seriously!! Stop it!! How can I convince you that I am not joking around??!! Just returned from Chicago, where we celebrated Christmas with Gregg's family. His sister and her little guy surprised us as they flew in from San Diego to celebrate along with us. It is such a blessing to watch our girls enjoy their cousin. They have 4 male cousins and were blessed this year with their first female cousin (yeah, Isabelle!!!) I love to watch their interaction...so neat to see the next generation bonding and forming memories together!!


The drive home was intense at times and took us 3 hours longer than normal (9 hours total) , as winter in IL seems to be worse than any other Midwestern state this time of year. Not really...but it felt like it. We had terrible "get-home-itis" around Indy...which wasn't a good sign, since we still had at least 3 hours to go. Thankfully, we packed enough "to do" stuff for the girls and were graciously given a DVD player to borrow from some dear friends. It is amazing how far Season 3 of I LOVE LUCY can go when you are driving through hazardous road conditions. And to make sure their momma was duly entertained, I had my book "A Year of Living Biblically" with me and I am so enjoying it.( Thanks, Mom!! You know I am too cheap...oops, I mean frugal, to buy it on my own. You beat the library with your prompt gift giving and I appreciate it!) I think it is another one of those books that Gregg will be glad when I finish, as I keep talking about things that I have read, etc. That always annoys him for some reason.


With all of the family gatherings at Christmas time, I am reminded of a hilarious video I ran across last year from a church in Chicago. You may have to watch it a couple of times...just to get all the "one liners" in it. But don't refrain from laughing out loud when you watch it....wherever you watch it...because I know you are going to want to. It's a perfect parody "when you are around the ones you're supposed to love." (You'll get what I mean after you watch it.)

Post a Comment